Introduction

I believe that these signs, wonders, healing, and miracles are for us who believe today. I will be sharing with you my life journey in pursuit of these greater works and I encourage you to participate and share your own experience as well. You can also share any prayer requests that you would like all the viewers to pray for. (Note: When posting comments about others, please only use first names and don't give unique details that can identify any individual to protect their privacy). Come back often and see what miraculeous things God is doing through His children.

Friday, August 30, 2013

Day 42 - Went Out Boldly as a Team

Day 42 of my 90 Day Journey to Experience More and I went out tonight with friends and had a great time ministering boldly to others.  We approached at least 14 people; 11 received prayer; 7 had obvious need of healing however there were no confirmed healings; had a great encounter with a Christian couple that we are going to do future outreach with; and Jacob (a 10 year boy) had 2 visions from the Lord right at Wal-Mart while we were ministering.  It was a delightful time ministering with my friends (Chopper, Gina & Jacob) and it gave me a greater boldness with someone along side me.  Read on to find out more. . .

My friends and I have been planning all week to go out together to pray for people.  Because of our schedules, we couldn’t get together until late in the evening around 8 pm.  I showed up about 5 or 10 minutes late and saw my friends waiting for me at McDonalds inside the store.  I didn’t think we would have a chance to pray for a lot of people because of the time but I figured we would be able to pray for a few people and have a great time of fellowship together.

I was wrong.  The Holy Spirit showed up and there seemed to be people who needed prayer drawn to Wal-Mart at this late hour.  Most of the time I can only find a 4 or 5 people to pray for but we were able to approach at least 14 people and 11 of them received prayer.

It started before I got there when Chopper already prayed for a lady in an electric cart.  While we were at McDonalds, Gina felt compelled that an older man sitting by himself needed prayer and encouraged Chopper to pray for him which he did.  The man was mentally challenged but was touched emotionally when Chopper prayed for him.

I thought one of the best encounters was when we had a small prayer meeting in the middle of Wal-Mart grocery aisle with an older Christian couple.  Six of us were holding hands in a circle with others looking on as we prayed for each other that a great revival would come to our city.  It happened while Chopper and I were waiting as Gina was praying for someone else.  I noticed an older man at the end of the aisle and was drawn to him.  Chopper approached him and asked him if he needed prayer and he graciously accepted.

There was also an older lady in an electric cart I was able to pray for.  She had severe arthritis in her knees and a bad sinus infection.   As I prayed she said she felt something moving on her knees.  I praised the Holy Spirit for what He was doing and prayed some more.  I would have like to receive confirmation of her healing but she did not want to get up out of her cart to test it out.

I also prayed for a guy who had a ruptured disc in his back.  He had to use a cane because of the pain that it caused as he walked.  I commanded all pain to go and for his back to be healed and the disc to be made new.  Nothing obvious happened after I prayed but his faith increased as he stated, “It might take a while.”

With his statement of a little faith (it only takes a mustard seed to move a mountain), I made a bold proclamation I believe came from the Holy Spirit.  I proclaimed that within 2 days his ruptured disc would be completely healed.  I wasn’t making a wild statement that I hoped would happen.  I usually don’t say such things.  But I felt so compelled by the Spirit to proclaim his healing because of his faith statement that something would happen in the future.  There is no way I will know of his healing.  God will have to receive all the glory and He should.  I told him that when he is healed to give God the glory and tell others about his healing.

I wonder what will happen next week on the 43rd Day in my Journey to Experience More.  Let me know what you think.  Send a word of encouragement in the comments below.  Check back often to see what new things God is going to be doing in my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment